Happy 2018, friends!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and had fun celebrating the new year! Recently I’ve been thinking about a “New Year’s Resolution” — let’s start off with I don’t make new years resolutions. They never work out and I usually just forget about them eventually, mainly because they are too far fetched and I feel like I’m always changing into someone that I want to be even more, so what’s the point? I ended up reading a post on Instagram the other day and it said something along the lines of, ‘there’s no better time than the start of a New Year.’ And I started thinking, OK that’s right… I’ve always started new things at the beginning of the month because it’s a new month. A new year is the same thing. So I’ve wrote a list of simple things I’m hoping for in 2018 that will benefit myself, the people around me and the environment in some aspect.
- Let go of situations that hurt me. This past year, I’ve held onto things that just don’t want to stay… basically anything that hurts me. I don’t know why I do it but I just replay it in my head and try to figure out what I could’ve done better. My hope for 2018 and all of the years to come is to let go. Let go of the past, people who make you feel less than you are and situations that you cannot change. I’m not saying that being sad is not OK, it’s important to feel but try not to be obsessive about it. Understand that everything does happen for a reason, there are better things that will end up in your life and that whatever kind of unhappiness you feel, it won’t last forever.
- Practice the law of attraction more. This is something that has grown on me for quite some time, my mom constantly teaches me and I’ve always thought I did well at applying it to my life. Well I could do better, couldn’t we all? So this year I’m hoping that I will be able to calm my mind and my thoughts more often, especially when I start stressing out and overthinking. There have been times where I’ve felt like I’ve lost myself this past year but that’s because I forgot about my positive energy. This year no matter how good I feel, I cannot forget about how positive thoughts bring positive experiences. This is also something that is not only good for myself but good for the people around me. If I’m in a happy place, my hope is to inspire others to find their happy place too!
- Stop using to-go mugs. I’ve worked in a coffee shop for almost 3 years now so I feel like I’m quite aware of the garbage and to-go mugs that we throw away. I learnt that disposable coffee cups have a plastic lining in between the paper which means they cannot be recycled or biodegrade and they end up in the landfill. So I bought myself a travel mug and I’m actually loving it more because it keeps my drink hotter for longer and I feel like I’m doing a good thing for the environment! Plus, most coffee shops will give you a discount on your drink if you bring your own mug too. This is something simple and it can save you money!
- Read more books. This year has been kind of a whirlwind with being busy that it’s been a while since the last time I sat down and read a book. I love reading and that’s one thing I hope to do more of this year, especially before bed. I’ve always watched Netflix before I went to sleep and forgot about the importance of disconnecting from technology before bed. So this is something I’ll be working on and I could always use a good night’s rest!
- Take more photos. There have been too many occasions where I should’ve taken photos but never did. I love taking photos and I love looking back at old photos. I need to do more of this in 2018 because I enjoy it. If you enjoy something, do it!
There’s so many things that we can improve on and for how much we grow that a small list can’t compare. I’d love to hear about your goals in 2018, comment down below and let’s chat! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope that your year will be the best one yet.
Thank you to everyone who reads my posts, shares their thoughts and for those who motivate me and inspire me to do better and to follow my heart! You’re amazing and I’m beyond grateful.
All the love and happiness to you,